To support specialists in the development of their leadership and quality improvement skills.
Sizing it Up
The Specialist Services Committee supports specialists with their leadership and quality improvement skills development. Each year the SSC, in partnership with the Shared Care Committee contributes funding towards leadership training scholarships to cover tuition and travel costs for interested physicians.
Things to Know
SSC scholarship funding is available for physicians as certificants or fellows of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada who are actively practicing in BC. Funding is provided for participation in programs offered by recognized academic institutions, professional bodies and/or quality improvement organizations, with preference given to programs reflecting Canadian context where available. As part of the scholarship funding, physicians will be expected to participate in a SSC scholarship program evaluation. Endorsement is required from the Health Authority before the SSC sub-committee can approve it. Physicians should apply for scholarship funding before taking the course or conference.
- Clinically-focused events or conferences covered through CME
- Time/compensation for attendance
- Reimbursement to organizations that hold or develop custom courses or to offer training in-house.
The Shared Care Committee provides funding for General Practitioners
- Interested physicians can download the application form here and submit to the Vice President of Medicine at their respective health authority for endorsement.
- Endorsed applications are submitted to the JCC Leadership admin team for SSC sub-committee for approval.
Maximum funding up to $10,000 per physician each fiscal year (April 1 - March 31) is available to cover actual tuition fees and travel costs. Submission of receipts will be required for reimbursement.
For VCH Physicians – click here
For VIHA Physicians - click here
All other physicians - please contact:
JCC Leadership Training
604 638 5777
Examples of funded courses and conferences
More Questions? Not sure which courses to apply for?
Visit our FAQ page for more information on approved courses and criteria.